Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Getting Into the Future

The Future is now...but how do you get there?  Here is your quick start guide for making that jump into the brave new world!





 When you load up the game, one of the first things you will notice is that there is not a new world in your menu. You might think " Huh?  Where is Oasis Landing?"  It is not a world like any other and getting there is a bit different as well.  Select any town in your menu or open any saved game.  

Within a few minutes of entering an active household, you will see a mysterious object appear on the lot:

Direct your sim to examine this oddity, and a bright light will appear as the contraption spits forth a unique visitor


If your sim is anything like mine, this will be the perfect opportunity to discuss whether or not Yetis exist.  Forget about the glowing machine and the blue haired man.  Chatting with the visitor will reveal an opportunity for your sim to collect power cells.  Don't ask why!  When someone in a blue glowing suit asks you to collect something, you do it.

The power cells look like small cylinders and you will find them all over your lot.  Click on them to collect them all.  Easy peasy.



Once you have all of them, return to your visitor and ask him to repair the time machine.  Whoops!  Its not a machine...its a portal.  Fancy.

He will happily comply, enabling you to click on the machine....er.....portal....and travel into the future.


Your sim must be a teen or older to do this, by the way.  You will have a load screen and then your sim will arrive in Oasis Landing.



What a beautiful world it is!  Gorgeous.  Apparently white is really BIG in the future.  The time portal is located in a visitor center which is effectively the future version of a "base camp".  Your sim has a place to eat, sleep, and hang out without having to immediately purchase real estate.  However, unlike a base camp or vacation world, there is no set time limit on your sim's stay.   So pull up a jet pack and start poking around!

One of the first notifications you will get is where your descendants live.  That's right: descendants.  This IS the future after all and apparently your sim has procreated at some point.  There will be a special map marker so you can go meet the family.  My sim's descendants happen to live in the "anti-tech" part of town for those who have rejected futuristic advances and choose to follow a more traditional life style.



If your simmy really likes Oasis Landing, you might just decide to buy property or build your own.  Here is the home I am currently working on for my sim:



I hope to have this lot completed when I get back from my vacation next week.  In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your adventures in Oasis Landing.  I know I cannot wait to spend more time exploring and admiring this amazing new world. 













1 comment:



  1. My name is Melissa Vivian,I base in USA,Texas..My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids . I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr Ogidi, which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet,I came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Sonia,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped PROPHET OGIDI email address. After reading all these,I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Dr ogidi, is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man... If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you. Try Prophet ogidi at MIRACLECENTER110@GMAIL.COM anytime, he might be the answer to your problems. Here's his contact: MIRACLECENTER110@GMAIL.COM You can also call him or text him here:+12015913961

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I build lots for people to use in the Sims. I have created hundreds of lots that have been downloaded by people all over the world. My work has been featured on the official Sims 3 site, several Sims 3 fan sites and in Game Informer magazine.
I am a mom...a gamer...a book worm...a worrywart...a fan of architecture, interior design, and all things Grumpy Cat.